Walker Park - 2-5 Playground
- Poured in place rubber surfacing was installed and safety drop testing performed
- Final landscaping was completed
- We are currently scheduling a final walk-through with our contractor to note any minor details that need to be addressed but the park is fully functional at this point
Unfortunately, we experienced some vandalism to the surfacing before it was cured completely. The repairs were done which pushed the opening of the park back by a week. The park opened on September 22 and has been enjoyed by a number of visitors. Thank you for your patience during construction and please enjoy this improvement to your park.
- Brick work was completed and retaining walls installed
- All playground equipment was installed
- Stone base was installed and compacted
- Surrounding concrete work was finished
- Landscaping has begun
Poured in place rubber surfacing is scheduled for installation beginning September 5 and should take 1 week. Final landscaping work will be completed and we still hope to be open mid-September.
- Construction fence was installed on July 20th and demolition commenced shortly thereafterDemolition continued and grading the playground area began
- Work on underground drainage and catch basin started
- Stone was delivered for the playground base
- Framing for concrete sidewalks was completed and concrete was poured
- Equipment started arriving on site
- Brick work was started as well as layouts for playground equipment
With cooperative weather and no issues, we are hoping for a mid-September completion.
- The project was advertised for bid beginning on May 11, and bids were due June 5, 2023
- Innovation Landscape Inc. was awarded the bid by the Board of Commissioners at their June 14, 2023 meeting
- Construction is scheduled to commence on July 20, 2023
- The main feature of the new playground is a castle, accompanied by a 4-person teeter-totter and a circular spinner
- The project will also include minor underground repairs to storm water drainage pipes, repair to the boogie-board feature of the 5-12 playground area, replacement of benches, and adjacent landscaping
- Included are a few renderings of the new castle along with layout drawings of the new playground design